Bronze Advisor
RicardoVerdi

Xperia 8 & Sony PC Companion

I have experia 8 (bought from O2). I have Sony PC Companion on the PC (windows Vista). When I try to back up the contact list on my phone it doesn't work. First I export contacts to memory card. On windows it shows as a file 0001.vcf in the root directory of the card (also another one, 0002.vcf as it kept asking me to try again). When I follow directions to copy contacts from my old phone, it says PC Companion did not find any contacts on your old phone. What am I doing wrong?  The 0001.vcf file is 155kb, 946 contacts. Some contacts would include more than one phone number, also email addresses, & actual addresses. I want to keep them on the phone, but look at them.

Also, I used to be able to read through my stored text messages stored on the phone, on the computer screen. It doesn't seem to do it now. Is there a way to do this please?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
billbond4
Topics: 353
Kudos: 6,948
Solutions: 69

Re: Xperia 8 & Sony PC Companion

The vcf are the contacts file, you can store them where ever and if you get a new phone you will just need to copy them onto the phone and in the contacts "import" them back.

Or you can use this app http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php  it will show messages and do backups too

Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
RicardoVerdi

Re: Xperia 8 & Sony PC Companion

Thanks, billbond4, that was quick. I've just downloaded My phone explorer, it looks good so far.

Please use plain text.