Arm
Topics: 175
Kudos: 5,457
Solutions: 275

QuickPic &SemiSilent

Quickpic

Quickpic

QuickpicLet's face it, the gallery application on Android is really not the best. Depending on which device you're using, you may have issues with images not loading right away, being scattered to different areas on your storage and overall wonkiness. A lot of folks are always asking for an alternative to the built in gallery ad today, I'll share what I prefer. Quickpic - it's a fast-loading, better-working gallery replacement that has all the features of the built in application, and then some. You can hide images, exclude folders from scanning and with the scanning service that runs in the background, you're never stuck waiting for your gallery to update so that you may view that awesome shot of the crazy cat lady next door that you took. Hit up the Android Market and grab it, you'll love it if the built in gallery is an issue for you. Best of all, it's free. [Market Link]

SemiSilent

SemiSilent

One of the greatest things about smartphones is that they connect you to everything.  One of the worst things about smartphones is that they connect you to everything.  Fortunately, you can  set your phone to silent and "unplug" for a while.  ButSemiSilent what if you're waiting for an important phone call? That's where an app like SemiSilent can come in handy.  It allows you to whitelist contacts, so that your phone will ring when they call you, even if your phone is set to silent.  If you're going into the movies or somewhere you don't want any phone calls, you can toggle the whitelist on and off right from the main screen.  It's a simple application, but it does what I want it to.  Best of all?  It's free. [Market Link]

Posted on Androidcentral.com

Bronze Advisor
Matt_2

Re: QuickPic &SemiSilent

Nice find on the SemiSilent! Been using quickpic instead of the native app for a while now. Much better!