Bronze Contributor
shelmm

Galaxy S3 no internet via wifi

Yesterday evening I was unable to connect to the internet via wifi. The wifi is connected and working perfectly as I have both a laptop and ipad connected. The phone is saying it's connected to wifi and has a very strong signal. However when I try to use the internet on my phone, none of the pages will display. It simply says webpage not available.  I have restarted the phone several times and also the modem. After ages without doing anything different the phone just started working. Now this evening for no apparent reason it's stopped working again. My internet is working perfectly on my laptop so there is nothing wrong with the router. I've restarted the modem and no joy. I've restarted the phone several times also. I've tried to access my router's modem page (192.168.1.1) on my phone by it won't open just says page cannot be displayed!  Is this a problem with the phone as I searched on Google and found several other people with this same problem. Unfortunately their outcome wasn't great. I don't know what else to do. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset as it took me hours to sort out my phone contacts after switching from my other phone. I am very frustrated over this as it is a new phone!

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 83
Kudos: 10,920
Solutions: 1,164

Re: Galaxy S3 no internet via wifi

Hi shelmm,

Can you advise if your internet works on your phone with wifi off? Can you leave off wifi, I will refresh your account. If you leave off your phone for up too an hour then test both the internet and wifi.

Let me know then how you get on.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
shelmm

[ Edited ]

Yes the internet was working from the phone data without a wifi connection while I was having the problem. However, yesterday (I think in the afternoon) I tried to access the internet via the data packet but the internet wouldn't work. Restarting the phone seemed to fix that issue.

Yesterday morning my internet still wasn't working at home (since the previous evening). When I went into work it seemed to be fine on the wifi there but I don't know if it was just working again at that stage. Yesterday evening then the internet seemed to start working again via wifi. I restarted the modem and re-entered the WEP key on the phone.

My wifi connection is working fine now this evening and the modem page opens perfectly on my phone.

Please use plain text.
O2_Conor
Topics: 2
Kudos: 1,753
Solutions: 183

OK, glad to hear it's back up and running. Give us a shout if you have any further queries.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
shelmm

Hi, the wifi problem is still happening. Was away in germany the past 2 weeks and most of the time I was there it was playing up. This was really annoying as I wasn't using my data package and was relying on the wifi for internet access. When I got back last Thursday night it was working fine at home. Now this evening it's gone again. My internet is working fine on the data connection. It seems to be a problem as there is a lot of reference to wifi connectivity problems on the internet. The wifi in my house is working fine as I'm on it now!

Please use plain text.