Bronze Contributor
Mattoon
Accepted Solution

Galaxy S2 won't charge or power on

Hi,

I ordered a new phone last Friday and it arrived yesterday. When I got the phone I installed the battery/SIM card and plugged it in to charge using the travel adaptor.

The leaflet that came with the phone said it should be charged for a few minutes before switching on, so I left it for a while. However the phone would not power on when I tried it and does not show any indication that it is charging. I also tried it with the USB cable attached to the PC but it made no difference.

I left the phone charging last night to see if that would help, but the only difference was that the phone seemed a bit warmer. I went in to the O2 shop in Ennis with the phone/charger just in case I was missing something obvious. A member of staff tried it with my own charger and another but she could not get the phone to work either. She said it most likely the phone but that they can't handle returns since I bought it online. I didn't get her name but she was quite helpful and did give it a good look over.

I'm not sure where to go from here, but I would like to get my phone working.

Thanks,

Kevin

O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,270
Solutions: 1,201

Re: Galaxy S2 won't charge or power on

Hi Mattoon,

Unfortunately if the handset is not working you will have to return it online the the online returns address O2 Online Returns ,FREEPOST,Bray 50,Co Wicklow

Sorry I can't be of more help with it seems the handset is dead and will have to be returned.
Bronze Contributor
Mattoon

OK, thanks for the response, I am returning the phone today using the Online Store Returns form that came in the box, including my Order number etc. Hopefully it gets replaced fairly quickly because it's a beautiful looking phone and I haven't got to play with it at all  :smileysad:  :smileywink: 

Thanks

Kevin

O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,270
Solutions: 1,201

Thanks Kevin, you will get it back quite quickly so you can enjoy it:smileyhappy: