Gold Newbie
tullowr

Can I talk to someone in O2

I have a prepay phone and have lost over €30 to data charges for which i did not use. the money was removed from my top up every night at 3am. Who do I talk to .

Please use plain text.
O2_Fiona
Topics: 8
Kudos: 4,592
Solutions: 492

Re: Can I talk to someone in O2

Hi, what type phone are you using? If you are using a smartphone then it is likely that you have apps, updates and emails set up on the phone will connect to the internet unless you have disabled this. Do you wish to use mobile internet on your phone?

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
tullowr

I have a HTC sense. I got text from O2 letting me know if I topped up by €30 I could avail of free internet 700MB for 30 days. 

I topped up my account and also received €9 extra credit which left me with approx €42 credit. This amount of credit would last me 4 months at least. Because the phone I have is very slow I hardly use the internet. At the end of the 30 days I received another text to say the free internet was ending. I assumed that was the end of the internet. I did not use the internet after that on my phone. Approx 4 weeks afterwards while making a call I was informed that my credit was low and should top up. After investigating I found that €1 was taken form my account every night at 3am for internet . 

I would like my credit to be returned for all these internet charges which I did not sign up for.

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,217
Solutions: 1,192

Thanks

After the internet add on ran out, you would then have started to get charged for internet on your phone, on a daily basis. You are charged €1 per day. As you have a HTC sense you are charged for data unless you turn it off on your handset.

If you do not want to use your apps, email etc on your phone I would advise to turn off data. Unfortunately, the charges on your account are valid tullowr.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
tullowr

That is not a valid answer. I never used the internet on my phone until the offer came. When the offer ended I stopped using the internet, why would I pay €1 a day for internet and not use it. I have figured out how to turn off the internet on my phone and it will remain off until I ever decide I need it. Do ye not monitor internet usage. Ye took €20 Euro off me with no internet usage. Please return my credit..

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

As a gesture of goodwill I will credit €10 to your account. Many people use the €1 daily option for the internet. Now that you have data turned off on your phone you will no longer be charged and won't be able to use data outside wifi.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
tullowr

People who use the €1 internet option actually use the internet and want to use it and know that they are been charged for it. I did not know that I was been charged for the internet that i wasn't using. I would perfer my €20 credit instead of the goodwill gesture.

Can you also please stop any text been sent to my number which offer free internet.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Would you like me to block the internet completely on your account also?
Please use plain text.