Bronze Contributor
orlaith21

LG-GD900 aka Crystal

Hi there,

Can someone knows about this model of phone please help. I got one for a christmas present it is gone back to the O2 shop for repairing for the 2nd time because when i receive a call the screen doesn't light up. When i got it back the first time it worked for about a day and then stopped again. The phone rings and vibrates as it should but i can't see who is calling even if i press any of the side buttons. I've looked all over the internet and the phone manual to see if it is a setting and cannot find anything about it. Now O2 are saying all i can do is keep returning it for repair which takes nearlly 2 weeks to be done or pay 35 euro for a replacement which again i think its against my statuory rights ( i'm looking up on this).
Would really appericate if someone can tell me if the phone is faulty or i'm just missing something.

Cheers.
Orlaith21:smileywink:
O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

Re: LG-GD900 aka Crystal

The €35 is for your insurance excess fee I think but it won't cover a fault like that anyway.

When was it sent for repair the first time and the second time?

When you get it back can you let me know if the issue recurrs?
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Bronze Contributor
orlaith21

Hi,
It first went for repair early March got it back 19th March 2 weeks after sending it in and i've given it back again sunday gone 28th. I know about the excessive fee for the insurance and have insurance on it just bugs the crap out of me this is going on. But its the fact its a fault by no means of my own and is clearly a faulty phone sold on. I spoke to LG about this and they said its a faulty phone i told the guy in the O2 shop this and he didn't care about it.
When i get it back i'll send on a thread when it happens again.
Cheers.
O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

Please do, if you have the same fault again I will organise a free replacement.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Bronze Contributor
orlaith21

Cheers Daryll will keep you posted.
Bronze Contributor
orlaith21

Hi Darryll, Got my text from the O2 shop yesterday to pick up my GD900 phone. When the girl took it out of the package it was very badly scraped on the front and a little chip taken out of the back of it i couldn't even check to see if the problem from above went away as there was no power in it to even turn it on. I gave it back to them telling them i'm not taken it back like that as i didn't give it in like that the girl spoke to the O2 rep who deals with the repair ppl and told me they'll take it up with the repair company. So still no phone and i'm very ticked off the state my phone was on return. There is no way in hell would i do that sort of damage to a phone that cost 350 euro and was only 3 months old and a loving present from my boyfriend. I'm waiting on a call from the shop manager or the O2 rep to advise of the next step. Just thought i'd update you on this.