Bronze Contributor
bren4q
Accepted Solution

How to set default browser on E51

I would like to set Opera Mobile as the default web browser on my Nokia Symbian phone, so that when I open a link from another app or email, that it opens in the excellent Opera Mobile instead of the Nokia browser.

How might I set Opera as the default?

Please use plain text.
O2_Alison
Topics: 2
Kudos: 344
Solutions: 29

Re: How to set default browser on E51

I would recommend checking google or the Nokia website/forum for this info. There should be some kind of tutorial on how to do this online.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
bren4q

[ Edited ]

Just to follow up:

I've taken a look around, and while there doesnt seem to be a definitive answer on the Nokia site or on pages found by Google, the general consensus is that the Nokia E51 cannot change the default browser.

From the Nokia site:

"In general, to check if a 3rd party web browser can be set as the default browser, install the browser and select (in the devices which support this, e.g. Nokia N97 and N97 mini) Menu > Settings > Phone > Application sett. > Default apps.> Browsing internet. If the newly installed browser can be found in the list, it has been successfully registered and can be selected as the default browser."

The E51 does not have this setting. So it appears that the default browser cannot be changed on the E51.

Please use plain text.
O2_Colette
Topics: 1
Kudos: 851
Solutions: 76

Sorry I don't know to he honest. I would maybe drop Nokia a call 1890 946 245 they might be able to help...
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.

Please use plain text.