Silver Newbie
Hkav

C7 status inactive for connecting to internet

hi. I just got my phone back from repair so first time trying to get back into the internet.it says that its connected to my wireless modem and i can refresh this and all looks well. I can log into ovi and download apps and i can get new emails from hotmail but i cant get into the web. Settings conections and conectivity says that i am connected to wireless modem but in connection mgr it says status conn. Inactive. Please help! Hilary.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,308
Solutions: 1,331

Re: C7 status inactive for connecting to internet

Can you go to Setting > Connectivity > WLAN > Options > Settings and check that the power saving mode is disabled? Some Nokia phones will disable the WiFi if the signal or battery life is low.
Please use plain text.
Silver Newbie
Hkav

Thanks for message. It was enabled i set it to dissabled but this did not make a difference and set it back to enabled. Are you saying it should be enabled? Hilary ps do i need to turn it off and on if i make a chnage. I tried turning phone off and modem offfearlier to see if that made a difference but it didnt.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena

Are you using the built in browser? Could you try downloading the free Opera browser from the Ovi store and see if that works?
Please use plain text.
Silver Newbie
Hkav

That worked .thanks a mill!! Great to have a new browser too! Hilary
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena