Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

HTC ONE V- Really slow- opening messages etc

I've had my htc one v for about 3 weeks. it is so slow, sometimes it can take up to ten minutes for a message to open. It also freezes. there is loads of memory on it so I dont think that this should be happening, not even using all the RAM, only half of RAM being used at any one time.

Any ideas what could be the problem/ how to fix it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
O2_Fiona
Topics: 8
Kudos: 4,592
Solutions: 492

Re: HTC ONE V- Really slow- opening messages etc

Hi, do you have a lot of apps on the phone that are maybe syncing the background? If so you can try disable these to see if it improves. You can also do a soft reset:

Press and hold the Power
button until you see a dialog box
that prompts you to:
Continue to press and hold the
Power button for x seconds.

The phone will then shut down and restart.

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

I did this and ive stopped all the apps running in the background and its gotten progressively worse. I have now not been able to open any messages all day, when I do it just says loading with a white screen. I have no idea why its doing this, ive restarted so many times and stopped all apps running yet its just worse.

Please use plain text.
O2_Fiona
Topics: 8
Kudos: 4,592
Solutions: 492

Hiya, at this point I'd advise to take the phone to an O2 store to be looked at as it is possibly faulty. The phone should not take so long to load especially with apps disabled etc.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
Mairead_Nally

Hi, I have the same issue, did you get it fixed?

Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
oisins

quick question. do u have a load of constant apps running. as in norton mobile that are always running in the back round? or do u have games that send pop notifications?
Another solution I found was to delete any msg threads I had that was over 500 msgs. Seems to clear the cash to allow for faster loading
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
lloyd1984

Mine is very slow too.

If I restart the phone they load quickly for a while.

But eventually I'll get an error about the HTC Contact Manager and then the texts are slow to load and the numbers are not recognised as contacts.

Only workaround I have is lots of restarts.

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

I've been using restarting the phone as a way to fix this issue, but it got so bad this week that my contact storage failed completely. It wouldn't recognize any of my phone numbers and messages wouldn't open at all, even after numerous restarts. Couldn't even make phone calls as even attempting to made it crash.

So brought it into o2 and it has been sent to be repaired and should get it back in 2 weeks. Weather it will permanently fix the problem, I don't know.

After this experience I don' t think I will be buying a HTC again.

Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
lloyd1984

same here, this issue really put me off HTC.

I've a samsung now and I'm extremely happy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
oisins

I fixed this on a mates HTC recently. If you hold down volume down and then the power button you get a boot menu. Navigate the menu using the volume buttons. Select factory reset. This fixed the problem on the other phone.
Posted from HTC PJ401
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

So I sent my phone to o2 for 2 weeks. Got it back last Monday and surprise surprise the issue was NOT resolved. All they did was update the software (which I had already done myself) and which I had clearly stated to the sales person in the o2 store in Bray Co. Wicklow. This sales person hardly took anything what I had said into consideration and wrote the BARE minimum on the report sheet sent to the repair person. When I went to pick my phone up the same sales person barely acknowleged me just handed me the phone and muttered just charge it and that was it.

So I go back today and I am told that it has to go back again. They send it back three times before they even consider replacing it. I told this sales person that there is a major fault with the messages and contact storage and it needs more than a software update. He assured me that he would put more detail than the last guy in the report.

Then he told me "oh so we are out of loan phones"... so not only did o2 not fix my phone the first time, I now have to be without a phone for 2-3 weeks because they are "out of them".

I have been with o2 for 11 years and I am disgusted by how I have been treated by their employees in store and by the repair people.

I will be changing networks as soon as I get my FULLY repaired phone back.

My whole family is o2 as well and I will be advising them to change aswell because this whole situation is a joke.

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,207
Solutions: 1,192

Hi Ali_McG,

I am very sorry to hear that you have to send your phone away again for repair.

Can you advise what store you are dealing with? I will liaise with the Store in order to get you a replacement phone once their is one in stock.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

I have sourced my own replacement phone. I would just like my own phone fully repaired.

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

[ Edited ]

Ok thanks. We will endeavour to get your phone returned as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

So I got my htc one v back a few days ago after it being sent back TWICE already. And surprise surprise its not fixed. Just now the whole message section malfunctioned. I couldnt open any of my messages and I wasnt even able to power the phone off it just wouldnt work. I had to take the sim out to get it to power off.

So what exactly am I supposed to do now? Ive been into your Bray store now 3 times. I have put up with the unbelievably rude staff that you employ there, Ive had it sent back twice. And both time all you bothered to do was a software update which believe it or not I did myself.

Ive paid you 260 euro for this phone plus 20 euro each month Ive had it.. and this is what is happening?

I need my phone for work and this is unbelievably disruptive to my life.

So what exactly are you going to do? Because quite frankly I am pretty annoyed at this stage. I want a WORKING phone as soon as possible.

As soon as I get this I am leaving o2. 11 years of loyalty and this is what you get.

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Hi All_McG

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your phone after getting it repaired.

Can you confirm your imei or reference number for the repair thanks.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Ali_McG

I rang o2 customer care today and they advised that there is nothing else they can do.

I just have to keep bringing my phone back... The o2 store in Bray wont even answer their phone.

So I just have to keep returning it and continue to be without the 260 euro phone I paid for.

Please use plain text.
O2_Linda
Topics: 7
Kudos: 805
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 91

I am sorry that your phone is faulty again. if you bring the phone back to the store they will be able to send it off for repair.

Please use plain text.