Bronze Contributor
rocc

phone repair through insurance

I dropped and broke the screen on my samsung galaxy s on Jan 26th. I send it off the same day toPhone Cover for either a repalcement or repair. The following Monday I phoned to enquire as to what the situation with the phone was and they told me it was being send for  a replacement screen and would be back within the week.  A week later i had heard nothing so phoned again and got the same story. Long story short my phone was returned to me last Wednesday Feb 22nd. When I charged up the phone to use it, I discovered it had pre installed Meteor apps on it. I was able to insert my o2 sim and make phone calls and texts, but I discovered the 3g settings had been disabled.  I took it to my local o2 store and they told me that the IMEI number on the phone and their records matched as being my original phone. 

I again phoned Phone Cover who said it would have to go back to them to be sorted. They send a courier on Thurs to collect it and when I phoned today they said that they had just recieved the phone and it would be another 10 to 14 days before it would be returned to me.

My question is.......do I have to accept this response..........is it normal for a phone to take that long to have a screen fixed.....and if they only fixed the screen  how did the pre installed meteor apps end up on my phone?

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? Is this normal ? 

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

Re: phone repair through insur

I have an suspicion that the phone was replaced rather than the screen being replaced but I cannot comment until I have the full story.

Leave it with me and I will contact Phonecover to see what the story is.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
rocc

much appreciated. many thanks.

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

Phonecover have been in touch and are investigating what has happened here. They have also apologised for the ongoing issue experienced here.

They have received the phone back and when they contact you they will discuss alternatives.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
rocc

Thanks a million. Really appreciate all the help. 

Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
rocc

Recieived a new phone from phone cover today. Thanks again for all the help. 

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

Thanks for letting us know.
Please use plain text.