Gold Newbie
Queenfan

Update Criteria.

Hi, I've been with O2 from the start of its service in Ireland, from the time it was Esat Digifone. In fact, I signed up to Esat within twenty minutes of the service coming on stream in either 1996 or 1997(Long time ago, the memory fails me). All along I was led to believe that upgrade criteria was based on both monthly spend and time with your company. However, a friend of mine moved to O2 a year ago and is entitled to a Silver upgrade, Naively I presumed I would be eligable for a Gold upgrade at least, only to find on checking that I too am only entitled to a Silver upgrade. By any measure this does not seem fair, as at any time I could move to another network, and in most cases get a free handset just for moving over. Can anyone within your organisation shed some light on this, which seems on face value to be either an anomoly or the complete buggering of a loyal customer.
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
Bj2011

Re: Update Criteria.

Upgrades are based on time since last upgrade and spend over the previous 12/18 months.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
O2_Laura
Topics: 1
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 130

BJ is correct, the level of upgrade you are due is based on your spend over the last 12/18 months. The higher the spend, the higher the upgrade.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Queenfan

So the complete buggering option . Aa well off to Vodafone or 3 if thats the case. Quite shabby really.
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
O2_Laura
Topics: 1
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 130

Sorry to hear that Queenfan. If there is anything we can do then let us know.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Queenfan

It just seems daft that I would have to spend €149 on either a Samsung Galaxy S II or a Nokia Lumia 800 on the €50 per month plan, yet a new customer off the street can have the same phone on the same plan for €49. After being with your company for either fifteen or sixteen years it seems there is very little incentive to stay with O2, as O2 don't put a value on customer loyalty.
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

You're on a €35 per month option though. I know your bills are sometimes higher than that, but they don't average out at €50 per month. I can see here as well though that customer care offered you an additional 10% off your plan if you upgrade, so we would still honour that if you want it.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
Queenfan

Thanks for the reply. I am on the €35 per month as I was asked over the phone by an O2 rep to do it. I know it involved extra time on a contract, but that was OK. I'll gladly move to a €50 per month plan as I keep going over the €35 plan anyway.

Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

I would not recommend going up to the €50 plan Queenfan, your usage is quite low. The reason that your bills are sometimes more than €35 is the international calls or picture messages.
Please use plain text.