Gold Contributor
Feen

Text Charges

[ Edited ]

Could someone explain something to me about text charges on phone bills. Why are some text msgs charged 3 times and some charged twice for the same msg and why are they not just charged one price? For example on my last bill i have noticed that i have 6 premium text msgs (texting to Newstalk) but the first two are charged 3 time and the other 4 are charged twice, despite the fact that i only sent one msg. 

e.g

On 18/05/2012 at 9:25 i s charged €0.24 3 times for only one msg sent. Thats a total charge of €0.72 and also this is despite the fact that Newstalk say that msgs cost €0.30.

Am i being overcharged and if not, can someone explain why i'm not being overcharged? 

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 70
Kudos: 10,372
Solutions: 1,125

Re: Text Charges

Hi Feen,

I have reviewed the bills, it seems that the message was sent two or three times if you did not send these texts more than once at a time I will credit back for the extra texts, I have credited back €2.36 to your account now.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

Thank you for that but you may have to get someone to check into it because that has been happening for a while, i will check my other bills when i get a chance but i'm sure this has happened before. 

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Thanks, let me know how you get on. If it has happened before I will have to send it too our technicians to investigate.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

I have checked the previous 3 bills (May, April, March) and i have found the same problem. I cannot check any previous bills as the website is telling me that phone details are not kept after 3 - 4 months, so i now wondering how long am i being overcharged and by how much.

The bill for April contains a lot of texts i sent while in Edinburgh and most of them have been doubled and in some case trebled and in the odd case Quadrupaled up. The strange thing is that 3 or 4 of the msgs were fine, there was only 1 line and one charge for the date at time in question. I have saved this excel sheet and i can pass it onto you if you can supply me an e-mail address (or i can just attach it to one of these posts? 

I would like someone to not only check these 3 bills that i have information for, but my previous bills as well. You have re-funded the overcharge for the June bill that i have to pay but now the overcharge May is €0.96, April €2.57, March €0.96.  

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Thanks I have credited your account now also with €4.49. I have also sent this too our technicians to investigate it can take up too 5 days to investigate.The reference for the issue is 1432553.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

Ok thanks, will that €2.36 and €4.49 be taken off the next bill? 

I will keep an eye on my bills in future and is there anyway if you can check my previous bills. As i have said i have only been able to check back to March because previous bills are not available. But it looks like it  was going on much longer. 

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

I have got our technicians to look back over the bills.

I have taken these charges off your existing bill that is due to be paid. Once our technicians have investigated we will then be able to see why this is occurring.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

Are you sure you have taken off the €2.36 and the €4.49 as mentioned below, because my bill is still showing €61.42, the same as it was before i enquired about the overcharging. 

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Hi

Yes I have, this won't show online, as I have made the adjustment on the system. Your current bill is €54.04 not €61.42.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

Ok, its just when i go to pay by credit card the figure appearing is 6142 cents. Should i just pay for 5404 cents instead of the full amount or if i pay the full 6142 cents will it only take 5404 out instead?

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa

Yes change this too €54.04 and that is all that will be debited.
Please use plain text.
Gold Contributor
Feen

I have just checked this months bill and it appears your technicians have not found an answer to the problem. This months bill has also been overcharged. 

19/06/2012 - Only one msg sent at 17.18 but 2 were charged for - Over €0.24

02/07/2012 - Only one msg sent at 18.38 but 2 were charged for - Over €0.24

05/07/2012 - Only one msg sent at 15.21 but 3 were charged for - Over €0.48

I have a number of issues with this now.

1. What is the problem here?

2. When is this problem going to be solved?

3. How long has this been going on for? I was only able to check back about 4 to 5 bills because the website won't let me go back any further. How can i check that this has not been going on for years.

What records do O2 have and how can i be recompensied for overcharging? You must understand that i cannot have much faith if you tell me that this has only been happening since i noticed it or only since as far back as i am allowed to check. Chances are that this is going on for a long time and i have consistently been overcharged for these msgs. 

Please use plain text.
O2_Fiona
Topics: 8
Kudos: 4,374
Solutions: 453

Hi Feen, please be advised that 1 text message is charged for 160 characters. If you exceed 160 characters per text you will be charged for 2 and so on dependning on the size of the text.
Please use plain text.