O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

New: Lend Me Service For Speakeasy Customers!

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

We are delighted to announce based on the feedback we received from you all on the Forum and in the Community we now have the Lend Me service available for our Speakeasy customers!

The Lend Me Service will provide a €2 credit to eligible prepay customers that they can use to make calls, send texts and access the mobile internet just as they would with regular credit.

To avail of this simply text Lend to 50201. When you next top up you will have the €2 plus a 25c charge deducted for using the service from your credit.

More details available at www.o2.ie/lendme.

This was all as a result of your feedback here so please do let us know what you think below!

Thanks guys! :smileyhappy:

Gold Contributor
thisisadamh

Re: New: Lend Me Service For Speakeasy Customers!

Very cool
Platinum Expert
cookie

Good service O2. Well done
"My mother is a fish."
Got a BlackBerry? Join the O2 forum BlackBerry group run by customers. PM me @ BBM PIN: 21cc0a28 and I'll send you a link.
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9700
Bronze Contributor
kasia

€0.25 for lending €2... it's 12.5% - quite high rate...

Platinum Expert
cookie

Perhaps but it's really only for emergencies and that's not a bad interest rate considering credit card charges would be a lot higher. It's a lender of last resort.
"My mother is a fish."
Got a BlackBerry? Join the O2 forum BlackBerry group run by customers. PM me @ BBM PIN: 21cc0a28 and I'll send you a link.
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9700
Silver Expert
efbman

This sounds familiar! :smileytongue:

3G mast please 02.
18** numbers are NOT Premium numbers
Raz
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,922
Solutions: 138

cookie wrote:
It's a lender of last resort.

And maybe soon the only lender in Ireland lol.

I think its a good service especially for when you are out and cant topup - and also for kids when they need to call home and are out of credit and money!

Good idea.

O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

Updated the post with a link to http://www.o2.ie/lendme
Gold Newbie
km086

Kids when they are out, and whether or not they are out of money, are very good at sending a "Can you call me" message.

Surely that's much smarter than borrowing €2 from O2 at 12.5% for a week (which equals 650% per annum) or however long it is until their next top-up. I'd rather borrow from the IMF :smileywink:

Please don't take kids and their parents for mugs - we've all had enough of that.

It may be a good service if you're really stuck but it's an emergency bailout only - and it's priced accordingly.

Platinum Expert
cookie

I stand to be corrected but as far as I know O2 offer both call me and lend me services. Anyone confirm this?
"My mother is a fish."
Gold Newbie
km086

You're right about the Call me - that was my point.
Call me is a free service (for kids out of credit).
As the ultimate bill payer, I would much prefer my kids to use "Call me" for free than "Lend me" at a one-off cost of 12.5%.
Platinum Expert
cookie

I'm a bill pay so I'd never use the service but if I was I'd feel guilty making another friend or family member call me and pay for the call so if I was desperate and needed to speak to someone I'd use it. But as I said earlier it certainly is a lender of last resort. So I do agree with you about kids.
"My mother is a fish."
Gold Newbie
km086

I agree about the guilt thing - I wouldn't send a Call Me to my mates either.

My original comment was in response to the person who said Lend Me was good for kids who had no credit and needed to contact their parents. I just meant there was a better alternative for that scenario - Call Me.

My kids use Call Me all the time, whether they have credit or not. Since I am the ultimate bill payer, I'm delighted about that because it's cheaper for me to call them on my billpay than for them to use their prepay credit.  It shows they have developed some sense of value/cost. 

Silver Expert
efbman

Bill payers always get stung with 'Call me'

But free texts and calls to o2 customers mean it's no bother to me, unless I don't want to call them...
3G mast please 02.
18** numbers are NOT Premium numbers
Posted from Apple iPhone
Gold Newbie
km086

I disagree - why do you say "billpayers always get stung with Call me"?

I'd could say everybody (except O2) gets stung with Lend Me.

Depends what you mean by "get stung".

As a parent, I pay the bill for my own billpay phone and my family's prepay phones.

For me, getting stung is paying a 12.5% premium (via them using Lend me) so they can phone me rather than them using Call me - either way, I'm going to pay but I'll pay 12.5% extra if they use Lend me.

I'm sure lend me is a great service for some people - just not for parents and children.

That's alll I'm saying.

Bronze Newbie
jane23

Hi I am complaining about the lend me service because I keep getting refused it and I want to know why is that?

O2_Colette
Topics: 1
Kudos: 851
Solutions: 76

Have you been able to get this before? The only reason that this would happen if the terms of the promotion are not followed...
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.