O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

Internet problems and O2.ie down

Is O2 website down? I can log on to this one, but not o2.ie or o2online.ie

What is wrong with www.02.ie ? Not working

Since this morning have been unable to go online is there problems with the network????? Anybody else having problems?

Haven't been able to access o2.ie all day, outlook express can't download mail from the server either.

If I recall, this happened last New Year's Day as well (though could be mistaken on that).

Is it down all day, would like to send some webtexts.

There has been some DNS issues that started yesterday. I believe everything is coming back on line now though.
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
Emsie78

Re: o2 site down?

How come it took so long to sort out? I had no data at all for the whole day. That is hardly acceptable either :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
barry laughton

3g in West Cork down at present, went out last evening about 1830, was up this morning until about 1010, not a lot since then. presently using edge. Barry
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
sully

How come it took so long to sort out? I had no data at all for the whole day. That is hardly acceptable either :smileysad:

3G came back early afternoon.

DNS issues can take 24hrs-48hrs to work for everyone once fixed, so some may still have issues even if o2 state its working.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
Gooch2k4

DNS issues can take 24hrs-48hrs to work for everyone once fixed, so some may still have issues even if o2 state its working.
even then it can take a cache clear to fix it
No! I don't work for O2!

Or Carphone Warehouse...now... lol
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
AvrilH

What's the story with yesterday's O2 treats? Couldn't access o2.ie yesterday so couldn't get my free treat (the 12 days of christmas one). Thanks.
Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

What's the story with yesterday's O2 treats? Couldn't access o2.ie yesterday so couldn't get my free treat (the 12 days of christmas one). Thanks.
You could have gotten it from iTunes.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
AvrilH

How?? I do get the treats from iTunes but go through the o2 site because the o2 treat text never says what actual song / app is free, so how would you find it?
Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

I am taking this from memory now but the treats can be accessed from iTunes store main menu, that is how I got it yesterday.
Please use plain text.
Gold Advisor
ac1964

If you were feeling brave, you could change the DNS server on your settings to get you connected, maybe use the new google ones?
It shouldn't cause any problems, once you don't change your gateway.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
AvrilH

Hi Daryll, I'm not sure how you are accessing it directly from iTunes but I can't?
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
sully

If you were feeling brave, you could change the DNS server on your settings to get you connected, maybe use the new google ones?
It shouldn't cause any problems, once you don't change your gateway.

Was broadband down over DNS also? Assumed it was the weather or something and the DNS issue was related to the website and changing DNS providers there would have made little difference. Also, never knew Google were offering DNS to the public. Do you mean OpenDNS?

Hi Daryll, I'm not sure how you are accessing it directly from iTunes but I can't?

Not sure about the o2 Ireland offering as I signed up just past midnight on the day it expired so was never eligible :smileysad: But iTunes 12 days of Christmas can be accessed via iTunes -> Store and under the "Music" section you will see an image for iTunes 12 Days of Christmas which ends in two days. Clicking the link just brings you here; http://www.itunes12daysofchristmas.eu/. It shows whats todays offer and then gives a list of countries - select Ireland (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=23708&a=1247681&EPI=12Days_IE&url=http://itunes.apple.com/WebO...) and it re-opens iTunes Store with a page where you can download the free item. :smileyhappy:

Its a Mika Tune today. Very poor rating from 25 reviewers, some winging about o2 for poor choice.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
Gooch2k4

Was broadband down over DNS also? Assumed it was the weather or something and the DNS issue was related to the website and changing DNS providers there would have made little difference. Also, never knew Google were offering DNS to the public. Do you mean OpenDNS?

Not sure about the o2 Ireland offering as I signed up just past midnight on the day it expired so was never eligible :smileysad: But iTunes 12 days of Christmas can be accessed via iTunes -> Store and under the "Music" section you will see an image for iTunes 12 Days of Christmas which ends in two days. Clicking the link just brings you here; http://www.itunes12daysofchristmas.eu/. It shows whats todays offer and then gives a list of countries - select Ireland (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=23708&a=1247681&EPI=12Days_IE&url=http://itunes.apple.com/WebO...) and it re-opens iTunes Store with a page where you can download the free item. :smileyhappy:

Its a Mika Tune today. Very poor rating from 25 reviewers, some winging about o2 for poor choice.
Lol like its O2 that pick the songs!
No! I don't work for O2!

Or Carphone Warehouse...now... lol
Please use plain text.
Gold Advisor
ac1964

Google have been offering a public DNS service for about the past month or so, details here. http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

My home broadband connection is with vodafone (sorry!) and I've been very frustrated with it of late. The connection is very fast, i'm on a 7mbps one and not too far from the exchange so I have the full pipe basically. But the connection could "drop" a few times a day, but sometimes a few times an hour, then it would come back online a few minutes later. But FTP transfers were able to continue in the meantime, which pointed the finger at a DNS issue.
The vodafone router doesn't allow the WAN connection to be configured, so I swapped in a Zyxel unit that I used when I was with UTV Internet and pointed the DNS to google's servers and haven't looked back since.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Advisor
sully

Lol like its O2 that pick the songs!

I would hope o2 would have better taste :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll