Bronze Contributor
skjom

How to cancel pay monthly contract

hi,

anyone know whats the process for cancelling your pay monthly contract, contract has expired good 6 months ago. do you need to give notice & can it be done online or who do you need to contact?
Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
O2_Paddy

Re: How to cancel pay monthly contract

You can send an email to reachout@o2.com and they will action it. Can I ask why you are cancelling?
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
skjom

am i have been on bill pay a while & i dont see the advantage of it, i am entitled to a silver upgrade but after looking at the phones available they all seem quite poor. It just seems more difficult to manage if anything being on a bill pay account. I have an existing work phone so i think i may switch my personal account now to speakeasy which seems quite as advantageous as bill and keep the cost down. id have no problem keeping an o2 contract if they offered something like an iphone3gs with basic text & call option & good data rate as an upgrade option for around 30 euro a month but this is imposible.

it would be good to see a package or series of packages that was influenced more towards mobile internet that offers basic texts & calls which targets people that use there phones for mobile internet access than calls & texts, i think this will be the future anyway, google seemed to have reliased this with there new phone & google voice, i think they will eventually bypass phone companies by using them as data pipes & moving communications online through some form of wi-max technology
Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
O2_Paddy

Fair enough. I'll pass on your feedback about this as its very useful. Have you got spend alerts set up on your account?
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
skjom

thanks & i didnt mean it in a negative sense, i have never had a problem with O2, id quite like to stay with them
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
skjom

o2 uk actually have the perfect package:
pay monthly contract with 300 texts & 150 mins & unlimited web access for 20 euro. Now there's a package i wouldn't hesistate to sign up for. Any chance o2 ireland will offer something like that soon.........
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
O2_Maria

Thanks very much, We will pass on your feedback regarding the above plan.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Expert
Gooch2k4

o2 uk actually have the perfect package:
pay monthly contract with 300 texts & 150 mins & unlimited web access for 20 euro. Now there's a package i wouldn't hesistate to sign up for. Any chance o2 ireland will offer something like that soon.........
three words spring to mind, snowball, hope and hell :smileytongue:
No! I don't work for O2!

Or Carphone Warehouse...now... lol
Please use plain text.
Silver Newbie
trishaclinch

I would like to cancel my bill in which myself and my husband have phones (as well as broadband) for the main reason is I find it extremely disheartening when people on 'pay as you go' have so many great offers (free calls/texts) and us bill pay customers have nothing, but high price or low price and minimum texts and calls. As the previous message states the great offers available in the UK!!!

Anyway, I phoned to cancel my bill and because were contracted until November, we must pay over 600euro. I find this a slap in the face from o2 as i have been a loyal customer for many years.

Trish

Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here Trish, your usage on Speakeasy would be more expensive than billpay.

On Speakeasy they have a choice between either free texts to all networks, or free calls and texts to O2 customers. You use calls as well as texts so the first option wouldn't be good but also the people you do call and text are spread across 3 different networks so the second option wouldn't suit either.

For that reason your current option is the best one as you have minutes and texts to use to all networks at any time. Also on billpay you get upgrades, which you do qualify for at the moment.

If you'd like more details or reviews on the other numbers you can send me a Private Message by clicking the link in my signature.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
Intas

Hi,

I have a question about canceling my bill pay contract.

I am moving to the UK next month and will not need my Irish contract any more. I know I still have about 6 months to go but would like to know how I can cancel the contract in the most cost effective way.

I would be interessted in moving to pre pay to keep the number.

Could you please let me know what the options are?

Thanks

Int

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,207
Solutions: 1,192

HI,

You are curerntly on the lowest plan, so if you want to cancel your contract immediately you willincur a cancellation fee of the remaining 6 months 40.00 by 6. Then you can move to speakeasy.
Thanks
Lisa
Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
martinaburrowes

i want to cancel pay monthly contract

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

What are you going to do after cancelling the contract?
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
mickwrx

As above how do I cancel and have I any penalty's 

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

What is your intention after you cancel? Do you want to keep your number?
Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
mickwrx

Yes I want to keep my number I am moving to a company / corp bill 

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

Ok if that is the case I am not going to cancel your account because if I do you will end up losing access to it. When your number is moved to the other account the current one you have set up will be closed automatically.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
mickwrx

Will there be a cancellation charge 

Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll

It would be about €30 as your contract ends in September.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
Turtlecapsize

hey my contract was complete back in february/march... but I let it run on, now I want to cancel. The current bill period is up tomorrow, if i take the sim out will that be enough to ensure i dont get billed for the next payment period. Also I am waiting on an unlock code, how will this affect things? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
O2_Linda
Topics: 7
Kudos: 795
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 91

Hi, do you want to cancel the number completely or move it back to prepay?

If you wish to move it back to prepay can you confirm what prepay plan that you wish to go on.
http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/prepay.php

Can you pm me the imei code and I can check here about the unlock code. You can get it by dialling *#06#

Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
Turtlecapsize

Hi Linda

I intend to move to a different network and keep my phone number. the imei code is 012849008877553

Cheers

Please use plain text.
O2_Linda
Topics: 7
Kudos: 795
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 91

Once you move your number to a different network your account will cancel with us. Would you like me to go through any plan option here for you.

The unlock code was requested yesterday so it should be emailed to you in the next 2-4 working days.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Newbie
Turtlecapsize

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Wiil I still  get the unlock code for the phone if I switch before it arrives? No I have already gone through the options with two different salespeople and there is nothing suitable for my usage. 

Please use plain text.