Gold Expert
cookie2point0

ESB discounts gas and electricity

The ESB enters the market today for gas and electricity supply offering discounts on both to new and existing customers

up to 17% off electricity rates and 6 % off gas rates (Dual fuel plan)

or up to 14% off electricity only plan

and up to 6% off gas only plan

https://www.esbelectricireland.ie/switchchange/index.htm

Currently I get 15% off with flogas for gas and 13% with bordgais for electricity. Be careful with the companies offering discounts as while the per unit price can be discounted by as much as 20% the standing charges (daily rate for a service) can be double what another company can be (naughty airtricity!!). In saying that the esb standing charges are the normal standing charges.

Please use plain text.
RainbowRuth
Topics: 167
Kudos: 4,186
Solutions: 180

Re: ESB discounts gas and electricity

Thanks cookie

got 14%  discount all sorted, even if they couldn't/wouldn't answer my questions on boards! :smileysad:

better than eircom who owe me €40 and I was told to expect a cheque last week,no cheque so queried it on boards and was told my cheque had missed last the last batch and to expect in in the next two weeks!!!!! :smileymad:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Please use plain text.
Gold Expert
cookie2point0

Great about the discount ruth.
Did you pm a mod Ruth. They're actually quite helpful when pm'd. PM Paul.
Please use plain text.
RainbowRuth

You mean pm an Eircom mod? I might try that though it was by pm on the Eircom forum that I was told that my refund would arrive last week! Completely nonsensical that I have to wait another two weeks...!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Gold Expert
cookie2point0

Doh. Read vodafone for eircom. Yes PM an eircom mod. But I dont know any there though on boards.ie.
Please use plain text.
RainbowRuth

ah cookie you're loosing it! :smileywink:

eircom are on boards and have their own little forum on eircom site! it was on boards that I got the "cheque in the post sometime in the next two weeks" response!

Please use plain text.
billbond4
Topics: 358
Kudos: 7,185
Solutions: 70

[ Edited ]

I thought ESB would have been cheaper than BG ( as i just have lecy).

Checked my last bill with BG against what it would be with ESB and they were the same, so not changing.

As a wise man once said " I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change. " http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089927/quotes

Please use plain text.
Gold Expert
cookie2point0

ESB would be cheaper. So standing charges would be the same for both ESB and Bord Gais Electricity and if you go for the full online direct debit billing with esb then you'll get 17% off the rate as opposed to BordGais's max 14% (Dual fuel policy with both companies).

If it's electricity only then both the ESB is 14% discount versus Bordgais 13% discount.
Please use plain text.
billbond4
Topics: 358
Kudos: 7,185
Solutions: 70

Yeah I thought that too, but I calculated what my ESB would have been and they were the same!!

Maybe Im getting some sort of discounted rate or something with BG, but no point in me changing.

It was a bit complicated at first working out the ESB bill, but worked it out in the end.

Please use plain text.
Raz
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,922
Solutions: 138

Ruth did you try eircom on Twitter? The two lads are very proactive over there.
Please use plain text.
psychosax
Topics: 283
Kudos: 5,917
Solutions: 113

To get those discounts with ESB you MUST pay by Direct Debit & sign up for online billing!!!

I'm only off the phone 10 mins ago from ESB customer care!
There is a subtle principle that resides within all of us, which is unborn and undying. It is bliss infinite and the giver of supreme happiness.It is our inner Guru.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Gold Expert
cookie2point0

[ Edited ]

True but

"Quote: There is indeed.

Customers that have been with us longer than 12 months who do not wish to sign up to direct debit can nonetheless avail of a 8% discount on the standard unit rate. You can also save an additional 2% on your overall usage (total units used) if you sign up to online billing."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71513425&postcount=4

But it is only 8% :smileysad:

and all the other companies offer greater discounts for those on DD to so they're all at it

Please use plain text.