Gold Newbie
morerightrudder

O2 Hotshot

Hi Folks

My mum recently acquired a hotshot device which I set up. I installed on her netbook and configured it to what I thought was a complete process and it would auto connect to devices once selected at least once before so I connected the iphone, ipad and laptop.

Everything was ok and over the last week she finds none of the devices function whatsoever. I have asked her via the iPad to go to "Settings" - "WiFi"  and check if "O2 hotshot" appears in the list and it does not. I am at a loss with what to try. 

I am guessing it needs to be reconfigured via the hotspot homepage but I do not know what that is off the top of my head  and furthermore I would have thought that once confirgured the first it would not need to be done time and time again,

Any thoughts folks? 

Thanks 

John

Please use plain text.
O2_Lisa
Topics: 83
Kudos: 11,025
Solutions: 1,172

Re: O2 Hotshot

It would not need to be configured each time you long on, can you try to even access one device through the Hotshot and see if it picks it up.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
morerightrudder

Hi

It won't connect to any of them.
Please use plain text.
Arm
Topics: 175
Kudos: 5,457
Solutions: 275

Will it connect to the net if you hook it up to the laptop through a USB cable?

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
morerightrudder

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Situation resolved.

It appears that to power it on and for it to broadcast it must be undocked otherwise it just continually charges. In other words it just charges in the dock, it won't power up and broadcast unless it is undocked. It is now fine.

But I would be curious to know if it must be undocked to broadcast? I would not have thought so but I would like to know just the same.

Thanks everyone.

Please use plain text.
Arm
Topics: 175
Kudos: 5,457
Solutions: 275

Good stuff, thanks for posting back the resolution. At a guess I'd say because it's bad for the battery in the device or because the charging interferes with the signal. Someone else may know for definite.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
wjescw

I have a Hotshot and it broadcasts while charging in the cradle. There must be some other problem with your Hotshot.
Please use plain text.
O2_Daryll
Topics: 584
Kudos: 8,781
Solutions: 1,032

This is an old thread buddy
New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.