Gold Newbie
capt_fantastic
Accepted Solution

Huawei e1752 not working on OS 10.7 Lion

Since upgrading from mac OS 10.6 to 10.7 "Lion", my Huawei E1752 modem is not working. I have installed the required Java Runtime Environment (1.6.0_26-b03-383) which now lets the O2 broadband software to start. However, I get an error message saying that the device is not available or disconnected and the "connect" buttom remains greyed-out. Is there an updated software version I can run or can someone advise on how to set up my connection manually in network preferences?

system details:

Macbook Air

Mac OS 10.7

JRE 1.6.0_26-b03-383

O2 broadband sofware v11.301.09.01.18

Modem Huawei E1752

cheers

andrew

Please use plain text.
Arm
Topics: 175
Kudos: 5,457
Solutions: 275

Re: Huawei e1752 not working on OS 10.7 Lion

Through Network prefferences this is how I connect to mine:

screen-capture.jpg
Please use plain text.
Arm

Can you try these sttings if you are still having trouble:

network preferences> create new connection>interface HSPA modem>configuration Sierra>telephone number is *99#>account name password blank.

Then click on advanced>in the drop downs choose modem>sierra>gsm>apn open.internet>apply and connect 

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/General-Questions/o2-Sierra-Wireless-and-Macbook-Pro/m-p/312616#M147...

Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
capt_fantastic

hi

thanks very much for these suggestions, I appreciate you getting back to me. Unfortunately I have not got it working yet. I decided to delete the 3 Huawei modem connections from "network system preferences". They do not return when i install the O2 software held on the modem itself. Indeed, the installation process appears to fail at the very end, the software restarts itself and an error dump is made available.

Regardless, I have tried the suggestions you pointed me to for the Sierra configuration:

Can you try this go to Settings> network> network preferences> create new connection>interface HSPA modem>configuration Sierra>telephone number is *99#>account name password blank.

Then click on advanced>in the drop downs choose modem>sierra>gsm>apn open.internet>apply and connect

I dont get an option under "interface" to set "HSPA modem". Trial and error suggests the 5 options i do have are not suitable (wi-fi, bluetooth DUN, VPN, PPPoE, 6 to 4). I would guess the drivers are not installing correctly and therefore the hspa configurations are not available.

any more suggestions welcome

Please use plain text.
Arm

Ok so the software is not compatible with Lion from what I've seen people posting so far. There was another thread here lately where someone pointed out that a certain piece of software that allows O2 software to run on the Mac is no longer supported in Lion. I'm sure this will change in time.

As a suggestion can you try this:

With the software uninstalled can you then plug in the dongle and open network preferences. Highlight the dongle and fill in the details I have in the screenshot above.

Then go to the advanced and try these settigns, hit ok and then try connecting:

screen-capture.jpg
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
capt_fantastic

hi

I have uninstalled the O2 software competely. With the modem plugged in, it is not showing up under network preferences. All i have there is my wif-fi connection. It would appear that the modem is not even being detected for whatever reason.

Please use plain text.
Arm

It's never easy! Can you try installing it again so it at least shows up in the network preferences and then try the above settings?
Posted from HTC S510e
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
capt_fantastic

hi, no its never easy, and its not getting easier. The software appears to install correctly, however the modem is not showing up under network settings in the left hand panel where the wifi and other connections are located. Opening the O2 software displays (very temporarily) the error in the screenshot which strongly suggests that the device is simply not being recognised as a modem. Maybe a firmware update is required or new drivers from a related modem?

noname.jpg
Please use plain text.
Arm

Please use plain text.