Platinum Expert
cookie

Official O2 Ireland Blackberry OS downloads

Here's a link for anyone who wants to download any official Blackberry OS (operating system) for their particular device from O2 ireland. Maybe mods can make this a sticky in this section :smileywink: 

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=9308B0D6E5898366A4A986BC33F3D3E7

If you've any queries about how to download or install an OS post them in the blackberry section and I'm sure we can sort it.

"My mother is a fish."
Got a BlackBerry? Join the O2 forum BlackBerry group run by customers. PM me @ BBM PIN: 21cc0a28 and I'll send you a link.
Raz
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,922
Solutions: 138

Re: Official O2 Ireland Blackberry OS downloads

Hi Cookie,

I just plugged my phone into desktop manager and it asked me to update to 6.0.0.448 - seems to be rolling out now officially.

Trying to get used to this now, and memory went down to 62mb after I updated!!!

Cheers
Platinum Expert
cookie

Thats great but it's still not listed on the official O2 IE Blackberry site here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=9308B0D6E5898366A4A986BC33F3D3E7

If you want any help gaining memory give me a shout. I've had about 110 mbs free after a fresh install with no extra apps. Currently with the following apps installed:

Docs to go premium

Google Maps

SPB TV

Social Feeds

Repligo PDF Reader

Facebook

IM+

Tunein Radio

SugarSync

DropBox

QuickLaunch apps

I have 84mbs free

"My mother is a fish."
Got a BlackBerry? Join the O2 forum BlackBerry group run by customers. PM me @ BBM PIN: 21cc0a28 and I'll send you a link.
Raz

Thanks Cookie!

I went through it and I noticed there is sms messages from August 2010!! So I cleaned up some of them and now I have 72MB - I wonder why O2 wont put this up yet as official?  I wouldnt have known apart from coming here and seeing where you update about the latest os's.  It was only I wanted to backup the phone I connected to desktop manager.

I had loads of saved messaged I will clear some of them out and see if that works, I only have

facebook,

twitter,

google mail,

google maps,

british airways,

google talk,

bbm and 

capture it.

I thought it would over-write the old sms messages but appears you have to clear them out.. 

Matt
Topics: 45
Kudos: 1,231
Solutions: 12

I'm using OS6 on my Curve. Memory currently sitting at 91.7mb.

Have installed:

Facebook
Facebook Chat Pro
TuneIn Radio
XE Currency
App Superstore
Daily Express UK
Max Mem
Simple Screen Recorder
Crackberry
Score Mobile
Mr. Number Blocker
WheresMyPhone
Google Quick Search.

As well as the usual Blackberry apps.

That's not bad Matt. I think I should have done a fresh install and wiped the phone before I upgraded. I didn't realise how much memory was being wasted with sms, saved emails and bbm chat logs.

91.7 is good, when I seen 50 I was about to reinstall os5 lol
Matt

If you install it through the App Loader, rather than the desktop manager, you can do some good shrinking of the OS. E.g, you can get rid of all the languages that your never going to use. I got rid of all the games too.

Really happy with OS6, by far the best OS so far!

There's also:
Shrink A OS
http://www.theiexplorers.com/

and

http://www.mediafire.com/?ybdqy2vcfv45izo
http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bb-boss-os-shrinker-576261/

They will shrink the OS by removing what ever you want. I also manually remove the demo videos from RIM and some of the fonts I dont use.
"My mother is a fish."
Raz

I wasn't sure what shrinking an OS actually was. I'm happy now I went into settings and removed modules I don't use. I might do a module load over the weekend and get the memory up more. Cheers.
Platinum Expert
cookie

BBSAK can remove the fonts and demo videos. Be careful if you use BBSAK. Any questions just post back. Otherwise enjoy Hacking :smileyhappy:
"My mother is a fish."
Raz

Lol Cookie! Hacking...... I feel like a mad surgeon or something.

On a side now, did you notice when you use facebook by the web browser it says 'download the facebook app for your blackberry curve 3' would this be a Curve os or just a facebook mixup? It used to be the proper Bold message. Just something I noticed!!
Platinum Expert
cookie

I didn't notice as I use facebook via the social feeds app.
"My mother is a fish."
Bronze Contributor
erake88

[ Edited ]

Hi cookie..i have this BB torch 9800..few days ago..from a friend..he told me he got this from RIM..this probably maybe i cannot connect the BB facebook and set up my emails..as the softwARE is not registered from O2 ireland..i downloaded your link already ..and please help me in installing this software..many thanks..

King Julian

erake88 wrote:
Hi cookie..i have this BB torch 9800..few days ago..from a friend..he told me he got this from RIM..this probably maybe i cannot connect the BB facebook and set up my emails..as the softwARE

erake88

Cookie has now left the forum maybe Matt or Raz could assist

Bronze Contributor
erake88

Thanks King Julian.ill wait the help from the guys..and more info on my BB torch 9800..this is a sim free fone from RIM..many thanks

Matt

Hi,

One quick question first.....What price plan are you currently on? You need to be on one of the Advance plans or the Simplicity plan with BIS add on. You will not be able to set up email without one of these plans.

Matt

Maybe that's the reason.i cannot connect the Blackberry Facebook...because im on Pay as u go..but i can change to simplicity..as there is a 20 euro a month plan..hope that includes the BIS..

Thanks for the info Matt..

Matt

[ Edited ]

Simplicity does not include BIS. You will need to add it at a cost of €15, making the total €35.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to use any of the blackberry services without BIS, including Facebook.

Matt

i have downloaded the first one and installed it and hasnt made any differences. what do i do? when i go into bb desktop it says i still require them?

Platinum Expert
Bj2011

This thread is nearly 2 years old, what exact problem are you having?

Posted from Apple iPhone
Gold Newbie
roisinmc1995

well i am saying i got a new sim card because o2 said it was the sim card problem but now there is a problem with the software, which when i open blackberry desktop and i open application it say they require some software which download form the blackberry website but i aint working..

Platinum Expert
Bj2011

I still don't understand the problem you are having

Have a read through the FAQ

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Help-Support/How-do-I-set-up-my-BlackBerry/ta-p/528059
Posted from Apple iPhone
Gold Newbie
roisinmc1995

well the software needs to be updated which i have found but it does not seem to have updated on my blackberry, can you sent me a link for the software could have the wrong one .

O2_Lisa
Topics: 84
Kudos: 11,270
Solutions: 1,201

Did you take out the battery of your phone for a few minutes.
Gold Newbie
grego

Is  Blackberry Z10 firmware version 10.1 XX already available for O2 phones?