Gold Newbie
KillianD

Cooling off period - new contract

Hi there,

I received a call in relation to a contract extension of 6 months. I opted for it initially and I was advised of a cooling off period. I was just wondering is anyone aware of how long this cooling off period is?

Cheers,

Killian

Please use plain text.
O2_MichelleMc
Topics: 19
Kudos: 4,568
Solutions: 438

Re: Cooling off period - new contract

It's 7 days from when the contract starts

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
KillianD

Thanks Michelle,

On that though - does it start immediately, or from the date of the extension? i.e. the termination of the initial contract?

Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena
Topics: 131
Kudos: 7,313
Solutions: 1,331

It was on the 15th October, when you spoke to the agent, so the 7 days have passed now. Are you happy with your discount? Is there anything you need to talk about?
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
KillianD

Hi Sheena,

I'm just trying to figure out the most cost effective way of getting 4S without completely hanging myself out to dry! I broke my 3Gs a year into an 18 month contract and have been a little bit stuck for the last while as a result. So I'm just pricing and assessing where I have flexibility at the moment going forward....

The discount and all are fine - the package works quite well for me, just really need to get  a new phone and am slightly stuck in limbo! Not sure if you can help with that, but I'd more than welcome any suggestions :smileyhappy:

K

Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena

You could get an early upgrade by paying a fee of €52.90, but if you can wait for 2 months then you'd have one automatically.
Please use plain text.
Gold Newbie
KillianD

really? So for 52.90 I could get an early upgrade and keep the package etc? You've potentially just made my day. I've been looking for this information for about 2 months from the shops etc and no one has put this to me yet!
Please use plain text.
O2_Sheena

Well it would be a new 18 month contract, but yes your plan would be the exact same, with the same discount.

If you'd like to go ahead with this, or ask any more questions feel free to drop a PM to us and we'll go through it in more detail :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.